At a regularly scheduled time, the Helpercorner Helper arrives, at the home of your loved one. Typical weekly visits last approximately 3 hours.
Partial List of activities offered by the Helpercorner Helper:
- Minimize clutter including organizing drawers and closets
- Running errands such as drop off and pick up dry cleaning, prescriptions, mail bills and letters etc.
- Prepare grocery lists and shopping for nutritious meals
- Participate in crafts, gardening, baking, woodworking, etc.
- Light housekeeping
- Recommend and patiently demonstrate the use of technology to help seniors live independently including personal computers, FaceTime or Skype, and personal emergency response systems
Perform ongoing safety assessment including:
- • Fall prevention - floors safe, uncluttered and slip resistant, stairways easy to navigate, etc.
- • Adequate lighting throughout house
- • Telephones working with emergency numbers handy
- • Check expiration dates of food and medications
- • Monitor high-risk areas like the kitchen and bathroom including shower and tub
- • Confirm temperature of house, working furnace/AC and the proper use of space heaters
- • Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- • Emergency kit stocked with water, blankets, flashlights, etc. and at the ready for potential power outages or natural disasters